2002 chevy-suburban 5.3 4wd p0300 Problem Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kamelred408

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so i unbolted the driver side cat. revd it up and NO MISFIRE!

it started to misfire at idle but i only unbolted the cat i could not lower it to much so i think it is to close and causing back pressure still..... CAR SOUNDS AMAZING with an exhaust leak lMFAO

So i should have trusted my scanner and just got a new driver side cat. here in CALI we have special ones so its not cheap

I will replace the cat and get back to you all

THANK YOU EVERY 1

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i unbolted the driver side cat. revd it up and NO MISFIRE!

it started to misfire at idle but i only unbolted the cat i could not lower it to much so i think it is to close and causing back pressure still..... CAR SOUNDS AMAZING with an exhaust leak lMFAO

So i should have trusted my scanner and just got a new driver side cat. here in CALI we have special ones so its not cheap

I will replace the cat and get back to you all

THANK YOU EVERY 1

Careful about buying those cheap Chicom cats, they barely last a year. I got mine from Magnaflow and they have CARB cats for you too. I went with a Y-pipe and replaced them both.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That cat failed for a reason. I've never had to replace a cat here in Vancouver where we had AirCare ( emissions testing) for decades. Your 02 should have lasted longer. It is possible the original problem was fixed.

I still have a gut feel about the intake manifold gaskets. If they are original, I'd replace them and check the knock sensors at the same time. (there is a tsb on the knock sensors).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu