RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No idea. I'd double check which bulbs pertain to the brakes and turn signals then go from there. Even tho it doesn't have hyper flash, the resistor still might be wired wrong, or maybe even on the wrong bulb. Idk, I'm just guessing. Gotta start from somewhere. If you still have your stock lights, maybe put them back on and go for a right and see if the cruise works. If not it could be something other then those lights. Something to consider....

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruise control worked perfectly with the other tails that came off and those were LED as well. So I know it’s not a problem on the truck side. As far as I can tell the pigtails are plugged in correctly as all lights function as they should. When I had the original set of this style that had the condensation in them, I had swapped the plugs by mistake, and the led tube was flashing as a turn signal and the turn signal blocks were not on. Switched the pigtails and they functioned correctly. So I know that’s not the issue either. Maybe I should order different resistors and wire them in?

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you compare them with the old lights? Maybe you’ll notice a difference between them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mikey here chase, prob just a coincidence you changing the lights and it not working. Brake lights can still work but cruise can go out...
I know this already... that’s the issue I’m having... lol. But again I verbalize that my cruise control worked perfectly with the other set of lights I had for the past two years. I will swap them back on because i have a long drive tomorrow, and I will take video showing it working with the old led tails.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is the GMT800 platform area, but my 09 Tahoe cruise stopped working, and it was throwing a code for the brake switch before the engine blew up. The brake lights worked perfectly though.
That was what I was curious about. Lol. Thanks doe the heads up. I’ll pick one up and see if that changes anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts