RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock radiator came out this morning. It’s pretty beat up. Lol. So I had read a few times that the factory radiators have a restrictor in the top line that runs back to the surge tank. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to find a replacement radiator that would have that restrictor in place. Took a look at the new one and it has the exact same piece that the factory one does in the surge tank line. It’s almost like a small washer installed inside plastic fitting. I’m stoked that it has what it needs and that I didn’t end up having to fabricate something to in the surge tank line to prevent too much flow going back to the surge tank, like I’d read a few other guys had issues with. Lol here’s my factory radiator:

EA784691-19AA-49D5-ACD3-D470F740E821.jpeg
And the restrictor inside the surge tank line: A5672191-B37B-4A9F-8059-2A245B41C18D.jpeg

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So non truck post...
my build thread soooooo deal with it! :D

I’ve realized that this year’s twists and turns have hit me harder than I’ve let on to anyone. Especially in the last month with the move and settling into my new temporary place and not fully having my own space. Don’t get me wrong it hasn’t been bad. Not at all. The family that I’m here with have been so sweet and loving. I realized that I need to do more to my space here to make it my own. Cindy was so sweet the week I finished moving in, they were cleaning Christmas decorations out from the garage and she had a small fake tree with some lighting and she offered to let me use it. Now, most of my adult years, I want NOTHING to do with Christmas decorations, or Christmas music, or the holiday in general. I always see my family and always get gifts for everyone, but most of my close friends call me grinch.... lol. I guess I don’t like it because of the usual hecticness of the ski season, I’m always stressed out this time of year because my crazy busy work schedule. And when Cindy asked if I wanted the tree, I decided what the heck why not?! So I brought it in, but it’s been sitting since that day in the box. Which was three weeks ago..... lol

Well tonight I decided it needed to go up. My mom sent a few decorations with me last week that my grammy had sent me over the years and I had always put on the tree when I lived at home, which has now been 8 years since!! Holy crap time flies! She also sent a cute little bear with a Santa hat and playing a saxophone, which of course makes me smile because I play alto saxophone! Anyways, I pulled the little ornaments out and started placing them and plugged the lights in. It’s not finished yet, the top needs new lights as they don’t work, I need a few more ornaments, and I need a something for the top. But I giggled a bit as I sat putting ornaments on and I have earbuds in playing a Christmas playlist on Spotify and thought “wow I’m changing....” :Big Laugh: but now my place has a little bit of me and it feels more like home!
All this to say, life is crazy and it changes constantly but take time to appreciate the little things in life!

E3E0B369-EB79-45ED-BDBF-2F4FFB694697.jpeg C8D25D0E-2B5E-4B9F-9E39-3631624AFF9C.jpeg 70FC00AD-08B6-45E6-8D28-EA9E81116122.jpeg 032FD304-00D3-4CC5-8FD5-91D6B57F9507.jpeg D5D7E444-4F79-44CF-820F-F6F6DC2B47F5.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What got me the most today though, was the family that I used to live up above. I’ve kept in touch with Nelly, as she works out at the same gym and we’ve been working out quite a bit the last couple weeks ago. She made a comment Tuesday that the kids had gotten me a Christmas present but that the post office had lost it like a month ago. But to her surprise the post office found it and they were able to pick it up. So she wanted me to stop by when I could so the kids could give it to me. I called this afternoon when I finished work and she said yes come on by. I ended up spending about an hour and a half hanging with the kids and catching up. And then the kids were ecstatic for me to open what they’d got me, and this is what they got me!!!

BD5DB26B-C76A-430E-8D62-67CE23E04507.jpeg
These crazy kids are SO clever!! And they know me SO WELL!! I cracked up when I read it because it speaks to my sense of humor perfectly! And I’ll totally use it!! Needless to say the laughs over it this afternoon were much needed!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my new tails have been nothing but a pain in a**!!!! A week into them I notice there’s condensation in the bottom of the passenger side housing.... :banghead: I know I know... I could have just pulled them, dried them and sealed the edges with silicone, and let them set overnight, but I just haven’t had time and quite frankly I’m kinda lazy... lol. I just spent $160 on those suckers, they should be properly sealed from the manufacturer.....

so I emailed the seller I bought them from on amazon, sent photos, and got them to send me a replacement set.... two weeks later.... ugh! UPS dropped them to post office to deliver to my PO Box, but they have this stupid rule where if UPS doesn’t drop by 9am, they don’t sort UPS packages til the next day. Well lights got delivered at 10am Friday, SO NO SORTING THE PACKAGE TIL SATURDAY. and my post office is only open for package pickups for two hours on Saturday, so I had to wait til Monday to pick them up..... so damn irritating. Anyways....

anyways I get the new set put on Monday and they have load resistors wired in as they should, all lights function as they should.... but I still have no cruise control!! I’m pissed off! Like royally right now with these damn lights. I can’t figure out why I have no cruise control. All my fuses are good, wires and pigtails all connected properly, and all lights function as they should but still no cruise.... I’m stumped....

644FB0B8-AC42-4D87-9B2F-4880922BADF2.jpeg 6B0E63EB-6323-47BE-AFB3-1119718908E9.jpeg B89E639F-9132-4861-B463-5D7BD469FF6B.jpeg CE3E4DB2-8B3E-4591-B5AA-5A62A68BEF4F.jpeg 2C3FC381-E244-454C-B45B-7EC51C03B95E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo