Charging console lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FlyFlip420

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would work either, but if you research the issue, it's in alot of GM and Chevy cars also and they have the same problems. Alot of people on those forums have said they turned it on and it worked. Worth a shot ;)

thunderdawg

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it would work either, but if you research the issue, it's in alot of GM and Chevy cars also and they have the same problems. Alot of people on those forums have said they turned it on and it worked. Worth a shot ;)
I have read that the NFC on worked for some and not for others. As with most internet sources, some are what I call "chicken blood" aka voodoo, and some are not. The challenge is sorting out which is which. The fast charging 2-amp issue may be the root cause problem, but then, some times my phone will charge albeit slowly and most times not. I think the solution is to find a non-GM charger that can be powered from the Tahoe and that will wirelessly charge the GS7 at the high rate. YMMV.

OP
OP
F

FlyFlip420

Reaction score
How slow does yours charge? What percent a minute? I get one percent every 3-4 minutes

thunderdawg

Reaction score
How slow does yours charge? What percent a minute? I get one percent every 3-4 minutes
I haven't collected any data since the success occurrence is so low. My recollection is that the charging time, the few times that charging actually works, is really slow. I have tried various positions of the phone WRT the charging pad and have not found any position that works that is repeatable.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandmotion FDMC-1273

I used another version of this kit for my 2010 and it worked great!

Techneeqx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fwiw, it worked for me after turning on NFC on my 2017 Tahoe premier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160