Changing shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to change my shocks on the 11 Tahoe and got the driver side in no problem. When I tried to change the passenger side out I couldn't get a socket on the inner part of the bolt. I need an extension I am guessing and I don't have one that long.

Is there maybe a trick to getting there?

Trying to beat the rain clouds (I don't have a garage.)

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry no help but if you sell the stock ones hit me up because I would be interested.

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry no help but if you sell the stock ones hit me up because I would be interested.

I'll definitely let you know, the shocks will have ~8700 miles on them. Remember that they are the Bilstein HD shocks.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely let you know, the shocks will have ~8700 miles on them. Remember that they are the Bilstein HD shocks.

Ok let me know. And yes I know they are the HD shocks. I need something alittle firmer than the stock ones.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You need a ratchet or impact with a deep socket, and a wrench.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used an extension on mine and it worked perfect along with a deep socket :waytogo: a good set of extensions really come in handy :)

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an extension on mine and it worked perfect along with a deep socket :waytogo: a good set of extensions really come in handy :)

Yeah, went to Home Depot and bought a good extension kit and got passenger side done!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo:

dmar13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, new here and have been looking for feedback about the belltec 2/3 for z71. How does it ride? Is it significantly stiffer or rough? Do you have rubbing issues?

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, new here and have been looking for feedback about the belltec 2/3 for z71. How does it ride? Is it significantly stiffer or rough? Do you have rubbing issues?

Ride is great, I replaced the rear shocks to get rid of the slightly stiffer Z71 shocks. Cut your bumpstop for sure!

I have slight rubbing on the driver side but not enough for me to be annoyed or cut away, I just used a heat gun and "remolded" the lining a little.

Oh and I have 295/35/24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman