Changing cloth to leather...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some of yall have swapped out seat covers in your trucks... I'm looking to do the front seats and I'm just wondering ballpark of what it cost yall... I think katzkin has done fallen and bumped their heads... they want $1400 to do just the drivers and passenger seats...

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can order the leather upholstery skin for your seat yourself but its pretty expensive. even good quality vehicle matching leather seat covers are expensive. getting the seat completely changed to leather isnt like a slam it out after work job either if you want it to look good so there is definitely some time involved. so between cost of materials and time invested i could see 1400. your looking at 200-400 for real leather seat covers. upholstery skin will definitely be more than that so if that gives you a better idea.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid about 3k for all 4 seats to reupholstered along with new carpet in my truck

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Katskin soft leather option on the 2 front seats and the back bench . They also insulated the floor with Dynamatt. Price was 1700. out the door.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Look on eBay. Shop for Denali or Esky seats pulled from other vehicles. Shipping is usually included in price. 3x check the fitment for your vehicle. Instant gratification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on eBay. Shop for Denali or Esky seats pulled from other vehicles. Shipping is usually included in price. 3x check the fitment for your vehicle. Instant gratification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only downside to that is most times the leather looks old and terrible

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy. You should look on Craigslist to see if someone might be selling a kit.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I know some of yall have swapped out seat covers in your trucks... I'm looking to do the front seats and I'm just wondering ballpark of what it cost yall... I think katzkin has done fallen and bumped their heads... they want $1400 to do just the drivers and passenger seats...

You can buy some used front seats from an LTZ for half that price, I would go this route less headaches.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed black Katzkin in my crew cab 08 Silverado myself, the kit cost $575 on eBay but black was the only option. Katzkin wants to sell the install too so it’s hard to find just the kits. It takes some work for sure and a steamer helps. Came out beautiful.

7C72E486-E94B-4B96-AA50-BC92485CB952.png