Changing cloth to leather...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PPV12HOE

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed black Katzkin in my crew cab 08 Silverado myself, the kit cost $575 on eBay but black was the only option. Katzkin wants to sell the install too so it’s hard to find just the kits. It takes some work for sure and a steamer helps. Came out beautiful.

View attachment 241839
That's all I'm looking for... i can install them myself i just thought $1400 was a little out there...I've a full set all 3 rows for under a grand from katzkin... but I can't find just the fronts...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's all I'm looking for... i can install them myself i just thought $1400 was a little out there...I've a full set all 3 rows for under a grand from katzkin... but I can't find just the fronts...
AFAIK nobody sells just a front set. You could buy the separate pieces from somebody like The Seat Shop or Richmond Auto Upholstery but I’m pretty sure just the front pieces would cost more than it’s worth, that’s generally meant for just replacing worn bottoms to match the rest.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
AFAIK nobody sells just a front set. You could buy the separate pieces from somebody like The Seat Shop or Richmond Auto Upholstery but I’m pretty sure just the front pieces would cost more than it’s worth, that’s generally meant for just replacing worn bottoms to match the rest.

How expensive would it be if he pieced the fronts from the seat shop?

OP
OP
PPV12HOE

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone one know if the Tahoe seats are any different from the bucket seats in a Silverado...?

Wingsfan26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone done the front seat swap on a PPV? I have a 2011 Tahoe PPV and would like to upgrade the front seats to leather.

The only thing I'm worried about is getting the power functions working. Is the harness sitting there ready to use or will I need to hard wire it in? I've seen a few on ebay that say simple Power ground function.

I would just hate to have nice looking seats that I can't adjust!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Eric

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm way late on this but I just wanted to add, for anyone who comes across this thread in a future google search...

Leatherseats.com will sell kits by row if you call. I believe it's $580 per row. When I did my truck I did the first and second rows but not the third, they tried hard to talk me into doing the third row too but in the 8 years that i've owned the truck i've used the third row seats 3 times, and that was in the first two years of ownership. Since then they've been used as a shelf in my basement. But they did tell me that if I decide to do the third row in the future that the kit would be $580, would have been only $300 if I did it along with the other two rows.

Wingsfan26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone done the front seat swap on a PPV? I have a 2011 Tahoe PPV and would like to upgrade the front seats to leather.

The only thing I'm worried about is getting the power functions working. Is the harness sitting there ready to use or will I need to hard wire it in? I've seen a few on ebay that say simple Power ground function.

I would just hate to have nice looking seats that I can't adjust!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Eric

WOW, dead group. Well, I'll update anyway. I got my front seats covered in leather by a local shop and added heat. So happy with how they turned out! I only did the front seats but it was $100 more than the set I found on ebay and I had the ability to add heat, plus they did all the work! Insanely happy!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, dead group. Well, I'll update anyway. I got my front seats covered in leather by a local shop and added heat. So happy with how they turned out! I only did the front seats but it was $100 more than the set I found on ebay and I had the ability to add heat, plus they did all the work! Insanely happy!

So am I to understand you don’t have any power functions other than the heat? You mentioned something about the harnesses in your other post so I assume your PPV seats don’t have any? Also, did the shop add the switches in the door panels and if so was the harness ready for them or did they have to change harnesses for those?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr