Challenge: Put this together for a Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically LS1 Parts will fit? If thats the case I have a friends who's dad is over the GM High Performance section I Might be able to get some stuff...

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much... I'm a big fan of Roger Vinci... the valvetrain goin in my Z28 is from him. The *** cam sits next to me for now lol

Kingsize

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great comments guys! :happy160: It's funny when you run into your own stuff on the interwebz.

found the cam it had... yeah and MTI X1 lol. 230/227 .591/.571 112lsa... not a big cam but a paired with big heads and 1 7/8th primary headers will do it

Completely wrong cam. My cam size is... Hyd. roller XER Lobes .605in-.609exh 238-240 112deg lobe seperation

By the way, you guys have it all... tons of room and access to all the LSX platforms and the ability to swap any of them in, and a powerfull computer to run it all. Just got through helping out with a LS7 swap into a slammed Tahoe. Just a tune away from bliss now.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got through helping out with a LS7 swap into a slammed Tahoe. Just a tune away from bliss now.

Hey man, welcome to the forum...I'm guessing you found us by searching on some of your engine mods???

Help us out, tell us about this LS7 swap you did or build us a cam setup like yours!!!

Thanks bro

BOSS

Kingsize

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The guy bought a used LS7 and pulled his motor out of his Tahoe (he spun a bearing), used his oil pan and converted everything to a wet sump system from the LS7's dry sump setup. We used all of his original electronics, coils, sensors etc., and he bought an aftermarket 90mm TB. The reluctor wheel on the crank is 58X instead of 24X so we used a Lingenfelter Performance reluctor wheel/trigger wheel electronic adapter module. It allows Gen IV GM V8 engines with the 58x crankshaft trigger or reluctor wheel and the 4x camshaft timing gear to be installed in earlier vehicles designed to accept the 24x crankshaft trigger wheel and the 1x camshaft trigger wheel. So far so good, just need to tune via EFI live for the injector size and then get on a dyno and tune.

As far as a cam, you can make just about any one fit, just make sure you check valve to piston clearance and/or notch your pistons with a piston notching tool from Isky or any other. Patriot makes great heads for the 4.8/5.3: https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=38&cat=36&page=1 but, if you want the absolute best for your money TEA has it all. Check out the flow numbers http://www.totalengineairflow.com/products/gmhead/gmls1/

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy bought a used LS7 and pulled his motor out of his Tahoe (he spun a bearing), used his oil pan and converted everything to a wet sump system from the LS7's dry sump setup. We used all of his original electronics, coils, sensors etc., and he bought an aftermarket 90mm TB. The reluctor wheel on the crank is 58X instead of 24X so we used a Lingenfelter Performance reluctor wheel/trigger wheel electronic adapter module. It allows Gen IV GM V8 engines with the 58x crankshaft trigger or reluctor wheel and the 4x camshaft timing gear to be installed in earlier vehicles designed to accept the 24x crankshaft trigger wheel and the 1x camshaft trigger wheel. So far so good, just need to tune via EFI live for the injector size and then get on a dyno and tune.

As far as a cam, you can make just about any one fit, just make sure you check valve to piston clearance and/or notch your pistons with a piston notching tool from Isky or any other. Patriot makes great heads for the 4.8/5.3: https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=38&cat=36&page=1 but, if you want the absolute best for your money TEA has it all. Check out the flow numbers http://www.totalengineairflow.com/products/gmhead/gmls1/

All in all, that's hurting my head....I wish I knew what you were talking about! Thanks for the great information and the leads!

BOSS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn