Challenge: Put this together for a Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Hell, If my Tahoe could sound like that I would spend all my life savings for that. But there are no cams, heads, ECT...made for our trucks

wtf are you talking about? the gen III lsx engines are one of the most supported engine platforms in the aftermarket, you can do whatever the **** you want with these trucks.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, If my Tahoe could sound like that I would spend all my life savings for that. But there are no cams, heads, ECT...made for our trucks

I'll give ya one example of how far off you are on that..... When the LS1's wanted a cheap way to raise the compression of thier motors they slap on a set of 5.3L heads :Handshake:

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score

spending life savings on modifying a truck? thats a scary though. of course at 16...i guess your life savings is still in a piggy bank

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would sound wierd on a tahoe. :think:

Don't get me wrong, that sounds bad ass, but not sure how it would look/sound on a hoe..

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would sound wierd on a tahoe. :think:

Don't get me wrong, that sounds bad ass, but not sure how it would look/sound on a hoe..

I dunno.....after my interior is done, that's my next goal right there with a SC!

BOSS

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't found shit for my truck...A 5.3L Vortec engine V-8. I only thing that I have found is a New Throttle body and a Supercharger and headers. Someone point me in a direction where I can find heads, cams, ECT...?

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the issue.... stop lookin at the truck motor specificly. If you are lookin for heads or a cam you can use any Gen 3 LSX parts... IE LS1 (5.7), LQ4 (6.0), LQ9 (6.0) and the wee 5.3. The Dart 205 heads and cam I have sitting next to me will fit that motor even though it says they are for an LS1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz