Center Console Removal Procedure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking at removing the center console in my 2002 Yukon Denali. Does anyone know how it attaches on the dash side? If there are screws behind the area where the disk changer and “computer” is, how are they accessed?

Thanks in advance.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to do my blend door actuator so i was just looking this up last week.

seems like taking the seats out is the easy way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the 02 Denali it’s a bit different than a Tahoe or regular Yukon. You need to do the following, in order:

1.Open the console main door and remove the entire pocket by removing the screws on the bottom. This has to come out in order to remove the next section and so on, they all layer over the top of each other. There are wiring connectors to undo too.
2. Remove the cup holder section by pulling up and the clips release.
3. Remove the trim around the information center/ (dvd changer if you still have it ) by pulling straight back until the clips release.
4. Now you can remove the side panels next to the dash, same clips are on them.

You’ll see any other screws you need to remove at this point. Keep in mind you need to remove both front seats first because they are mounted over the top of the console ears or whatever the mounting flanges are called that extend under the seats as in this photo. CBCBD22E-28F9-4A25-959E-41BAA88664CD.png

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the 02 Denali it’s a bit different than a Tahoe or regular Yukon. You need to do the following, in order:

1.Open the console main door and remove the entire pocket by removing the screws on the bottom. This has to come out in order to remove the next section and so on, they all layer over the top of each other. There are wiring connectors to undo too.
3. Remove the trim around the information center/ (dvd changer if you still have it ) by pulling straight back until the clips release.

You’ll see any other screws you need to remove at this point. Keep in mind you need to remove both front seats first because they are mounted over the top of the console ears or whatever the mounting flanges are called that extend under the seats as in this photo. View attachment 386660

Great detail!

OP
OP
M

Marshall2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

You’ll see any other screws you need to remove at this point. Keep in mind you need to remove both front seats first because they are mounted over the top of the console ears or whatever the mounting flanges are called that extend under the seats as in this photo. View attachment 386660
Thanks for the instructions! About the information center and trim. I gave mine a good tug and it didn’t budge. I’m afraid it’s going to snap. You mentioned these are just clips? Just a trim removal tool should do it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions! About the information center and trim. I gave mine a good tug and it didn’t budge. I’m afraid it’s going to snap. You mentioned these are just clips? Just a trim removal tool should do it?
Yeah or just pull. Those clips always seem like you’re going to break something, don’t be afraid. They’re all this type of clips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 11

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was having trouble as well finding one to fit my '02 Tahoe. It opens driver side, there is zero padding on it, no rubber cover in the center to keep anything from sliding in random directions, and the center is very shallow. Ordered one from Amazon that ended up being way too big, even tho the listing said it would fit. Sent it back for a refund cuz apparently they didn't have one that would fit mine. After that I searched some more but gave up. Never found anything
Im not following- trouble finding one what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu