center cap in wheel making noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
So, after a great many months and a hoard of "diagnostic" work... i finally found out what the god awful noise is coming from my front right suspension.

Its not my suspension at all, its actually the center cap on the rim though!! lucky day!!!!!!!!!

however, i took the wheel off and i cannot figure out how the hell to get the center cap to stop rattling around... anyone have some ideas on the matteR? I would rather not start gluing things though

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it one of those center caps that slide through the backside of the wheel?

I had something similar on my old Dodge. All I did was bend a little bit of the lip on the cap at say 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions with pilers. It didn't take much just enough to distort the lip in those areas and then it fit snugly in the whole once the wheel was bolted up.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Silicone that fokker'. I lost a center cap and it cost me like $40 for the little plastic POS, I siliconed all of them in after that. The plastic expands and contracts in the heat and after a hot ass summer here in the dessert when the cool weather comes that thing might just pop out then the hard part is finding a replacement.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silicone that fokker'. I lost a center cap and it cost me like $40 for the little plastic POS, I siliconed all of them in after that. The plastic expands and contracts in the heat and after a hot ass summer here in the dessert when the cool weather comes that thing might just pop out then the hard part is finding a replacement.

Yup, silicone. They stopped making my wheels so I bought an extra set of center caps when I got em in case I lose or break one of those little ever so important POS pieces of plastic.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts