Cd error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I there a way to find what the error on a 1999 remote cd player is. I put the disk in it sounds like it’s reading but ejects and shows error on the radio screen

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I there a way to find what the error on a 1999 remote cd player is. I put the disk in it sounds like it’s reading but ejects and shows error on the radio screen
it's old, unless you feel like opening it up cleaning, lubricating, new drive belts if you can cource them, maybe a new laser. then it might be time to get something newer, there are a couple companys that make retro looking new radio's if the new look is not your thing

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's old, unles you feel like opening it up cleaning, lubricating, new drive belts if you can cource them, maybe a new laser. then it might be time to get something newer, there are a couple companys that make retro looking new radio's if the new look is not your thing
Thanks, don't want to change the radio will look into a maybe a new laser

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, don't want to change the radio will look into a maybe a new laser
might be more than just a new laser, it is after all 25 years old. could be a cap, the circuit board, maybe it is just dirty, who knows.
nothing to stop you from trying though. good luck
I would definitely try cleaning it first and give the mechanical parts a little tiny of lube

OP
OP
N

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
might be more than just a new laser, it is after all 25 years old. could be a cap, the circuit board, maybe it is just dirty, who knows.
nothing to stop you from trying though. good luck
I would definitely try cleaning it first and give the mechanical parts a little tiny of lube
Used contact cleaner and caned air. Lubed what I could see without tearing it into small pieces. Will. Sear h the net and seeing there is a diagram on it out there. Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may need to end up replacing the entire mechanism, if you get to that point and can find a compatible one. Have you tried a UPull or junkyard part as a replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia