CarPlay wishful thinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had my 22 Yukon Denali at the dealer for 2 days. My Apple Car Play wouldn't connect wirelessly at all. CarPlay works with a cord, but not wireless. After calls to Onstar, the GM Service DSM and the lead tech looking at it, it comes down to the 'data'. If I have run out of data, then wireless CarPlay won't work.
So, I need to keep data going (in Canada this costs me $16 for 1.5G) and try not to use vehicle supplied Google maps (which uses a ton of data).

Super frustrating as the sales rep / OnStar or SOMEONE should have told me upon purchase that I would need to keep a running subscprition for overpriced data on my $90k vehicle.

Lesson learned!

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds very suspect, in the US, 2022 Denali's come with 3 yrs connected services. Regardless, wireless carplay shouldn't be connected to the subscription at all, and sounds like they are slinging some BS. Go to another dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212