CarPlay causing Wi-Fi issues at home?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I’ve had my 2022 Yukon Slt for a week now. Loving it!

But I’m having an issue with my iPhone at home. Before the wireless CarPlay my phone would automatically connect to home Wi-Fi when I would get home. Now it doesn’t connect automatically, and even when I do it manually it continuously disconnects throughout my time at home. Just today since I’ve gotten home in the last hour I’ve had to manually connect to Wi-Fi 3 times. My husbands phone is doing this, too, even though he has only connected a couple times to my car on purpose.

Is there a setting I’m missing that can fix this? Anyone else having this trouble?

otisb2112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem on a 21 Yukon. Tried various settings on my iPhone but couldn’t prevent the issue. Eventually stopped using CarPlay.

OP
OP
Duke71

Duke71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh but I love CarPlay . Maybe I should turn off the wireless portion- is that possible?

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 22 Yukon almost 2 weeks, setup with carplay for my iPhone immediately and haven’t had any Wi-Fi issues at all. Connects to my home Wi-Fi as soon as I pull up to the driveway and stays connected.

OP
OP
Duke71

Duke71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any issue with the battery leaving the truck connected to WiFi @ home?
I don’t mean I’m leaving truck connected. At least not on purpose.

My issue is my phone will no longer connect automatically to my home Wi-Fi network and also will not stay connected to it. When I connect manually, my phone asks me if I want to disconnect from CarPlay. Which I say “yes” but it still doesn’t stay connected.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have that issue at my place...have you considered "forgetting" your home wifi network and reconnecting again?

Also, what version of iOS are you running, are you up to date on your updates? Which iPhone do you have.

I’m on an iPhone 13 Pro at iOS 15.3.1

Seems more like an apple issue than a vehicle issue.

Lastly, be sure you don’t have the wifi hotspot in the vehicle with the same network name and PW as your home wifi.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t ran into that issue. Wireless CarPlay uses WiFi in the background in the vehicle. Once you turn off the vehicle and the radio turns off, CarPlay should disconnect. After it disconnects, it should reconnect to your home wifi.

I kinda wonder if the radio isn’t turning off for whatever reason.

Xander

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My CarPlay hangs up when another call comes in. It's annoying as can be. I have tried all the updates to my phone and nothing helps. I have 3 other cars that run the CarPlay wirelessly and none of the other cars do this.

As soon as another call comes in, both calls are muted, or won't connect, and if I hang up on the original caller I can connect to the new incoming call.

Reaction score
My CarPlay hangs up when another call comes in. It's annoying as can be. I have tried all the updates to my phone and nothing helps. I have 3 other cars that run the CarPlay wirelessly and none of the other cars do this.

As soon as another call comes in, both calls are muted, or won't connect, and if I hang up on the original caller I can connect to the new incoming call.
Experiencing the same issue. Annoying as can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe