Carpet Replacement Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did.

Item: 6132Quantity: 1Description: GMC Yukon, Denali '95-'00 Molded Carpet 4 Door Complete Kit (Old Body Style)Color: 1068-Medium Grey Ultra-Plush Pile - $102.10Backing: MassBack - $95.006132 - $204.20Price (each): $401.30Item Total: $401.30_________________________________________
Subtotal: $401.30Shipping (Standard Shipping): +$44.95Grand Total: $446.25

you just can't be afraid to cut it. don't get me wrong, it's a pain in the d**k. the quality is good, i was pleased with it, but it's like 4 inches too big in all directions, so you have to commit and start cutting SOMEWHERE so that you can fit it into the places you need to fit it in order to find out where you need to hack it somewhere else. i think i could do it faster a second time than the first time, wouldn't be as scared to screw it up. but anyhow, there's no holes for seat bolts, seat belt bolts, wires, etc. you can lay your old carpet over the new and use it as a template, but i still left some room for error when i marked it out. word to the wise, (i sound deadened while i had the carpet out, so it made it a little more difficult to find the bolt holes) what i would do if i had to do it again, is to remove the seats, console, etc, and just thread the tips of the bolts into the holes they go in. that way, once you get the carpet where you want it, it'll make it way easier to locate the bolts than to go fishing with an ice pick. been there done that too. but set yourself aside like 2 good days to eff with it. not saying that it will take that long, but don't play yourself and think you'll have it knocked out in like 2 hours. just keep at it, you'll get it if you decide to do it. branndon.

OP
OP
BennyR72

BennyR72

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I'm planning to dynomat after I take the existing one out too. I've already got the the seats and panels out so I'm hoping it's not going to take that long but thanks for the heads up. I'll post before and after when it's done.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also be a good opportunity to run water all over the truck and see if you have any mystery leaks while you've got the interior out. i found one that i knew of for sure and like 1 or 2 more that i didn't know about while i had it out.

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you use to seal the leaks? i've got one on the drivers side body glass. i cant pull up the molding without scratching the paint but i have pinpointed the leak to about a one inch section where its coming in.

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99, i used the windshield sealant, the 3m stuff. i think its butyl based. anyhow, i had a leak on top of the cowl in a couple places, one was under the cowl cover on the passenger side, one was on top of the cowl itself by the drivers side hood hinge. if you have an area in question, run some water on it and see if it leaks, then cover it up with some tape and see if it still leaks. kinda time consuming, but it can be done.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just be sure to pay the extra $ for the mass backing option, it comes out of their mold MUCH better. Looks stock.

B

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
benny i got my sound deadener from raam audio, real real nice guy, good prices. dunno if you have already purchased it or not, but he's a hell of a nice guy to do business with.

OP
OP
BennyR72

BennyR72

Reaction score
Branndon, Haven't bought any yet, was planning on using DynaPad being that I already have DynaMat and 1/8" DynaLiner in the doors, but at $2/sqft. I'm open to other suggestions. Did you do the Rammmat and Ensolite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM