cargo liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilkenny123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New 2011 Yukon SLT second row captains chairs . (my first and only new car) Just picked it up. Realize now that to buy a cargo liner I must find a place to store the third row seats. Bought winter Husky front and second row liners, (very nice) thinking that I would prefer to leave my third row seats folded, and cover the open space with a liner. When I need to carry passengers in the third row I could just leave the liner at home. The liners available commercially are not configured to be used that way, they require that the third seats be removed to place the liner. Any suggestions?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a great suggestion. WeatherTech! I own the full set consisting of the 1st row, 2nd row, 2nd row aisle, and 3rd row/cargo liner. I originally purchased it because I had the 3rd row seats and wanted the back covered too. The weather tech cargo liner actually has lines to where you can cut out the spots on both sides to where the 3rd row seats go. I ended up selling my 3rd row seats because no one ever sat in them before I got my weathertech cargo liner so I never cut mine but it would fit perfectly. Go to weathertech.com and select your vehicle and it will show you all 3 colors you can get (gray, black, tan)! Then with that reference/model # go to drillspot.com and you can get it for 110$ shipped! I think on weathertech.com it's like 160-170 after shipping. Drillspot.com straight drop ships to your house from Grainger. Every where else online the cheapest place was 140-150. Good luck and let me know if you want me to take any pics or have any more questions about it!

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Weathertech is the way to go.

I have front and rear floor mats, and the cargo liner. I typically leave my third row seats at home, but when i DO put them in, I take the cargo liner out. I didnt want to cut my cargo liner where the cutouts are, because that defeats the purpose of being a water containment mat along with protecting the carpet.

Anyway, weathertech makes great stuff. This will be my 3rd car in a row that I bought the whole weathertech setup for (minus the "aisle" mats), but I do have to say, they are getting cheaper and cheaper with their construction. They still hold up well, but in my NBS Escalade, the cargo liner was THICK. It felt durable, and like it would last a lifetime! In my X5, it seemed the cargo liner was a little bit weak, but I figured maybe its just because its not a full sized vehicle. Now I order it for my NNBS Denali, and it is even thinner, although it DOES hold up to everything I have thrown at it, and I carry all kinds of things for work at different times. Jack hammers, JH bits, random items that they need on jobs that I throw in just to help out sometimes... Either way, love the exact fit of the weathertechs, and will continue to order from them!

fed4life

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe LTZ and i removed my third row seats which sit in my office with a blanket over them. I needed the cargo space so i bought the all-weather Husky Liner online for $100 shipped to my door. Fits perfectly with no problems.

If i do need to put in my 3rd row seat then i'll just take out the liner and put in the stock Chevy 3rd row all-weather mat that came with the vehicle. I didnt wana cut holes in the liner cuz i wanted to keep the waterproof/spill-proof integrity of the Husky Liner.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of 3rd row Huskys. At the time, they were the only ones that covered the plastic connection points. Other brands exposed those parts.

The pics show the covers as dirty and hammered from camping. IMO the diamond plate pattern goes well with Z71 offroad theme.

IMG_7984.jpg

TahoeTX

Reaction score
I agree with WeatherTech being a great cargo mat. I pulled out my 3rd row to get more storage space and put the seats in those commercial size black trash bags. That seals them off from the elements and they fit in perfectly. Then I just stored them in my garage. The WeatherTech mat is available in a full size without 3rd row or a smaller version if you leave the 3rd row. Either way they are easy to clean and look nice too.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to be the naysayer on the Weathertech cargo liner. For what it cost, I found it to be rather lacking. Don't get me wrong, it is better than no liner, but I find the fit is not very good, the material is thinish (but it tough, I'm not exactly worried about putting a hole in it), and it just seems lacking overall. I haven't had a chance to try other any of the other liners, but I wish I would have had them stick it in the back before they cut out the slots for the seats. I would have tried some other mats instead. My last SUV was a 2001 X5 and the liner that BMW made for it (which was less than the Weathertech) was outstanding. Everything fit perfectly. The carpet was spotless under it and virtually nothing got down the sides. SO, that said, maybe I got spoiled with a vastly superior liner in the past, but I was so disappointing with the Weathertech, especially after the big build up I got for it from the various Chevy boards I am on, I refused to get the floor mats for the rest of the truck.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baron.

Like I said above, the weather tech cargo liners have gotten thinner over the last 3-4 years. This is my third for three different vehicles, and although they seem thinner, they still do stand up to abuse. I really beat them up.

However, the floor mats, in particular the two front are unmatched for fit. The Digital Fit line of floor mats is a PERFECT fit, and they do not slide around AT ALL!

Sooo, I will agree that the cargo liner is not the EXACT fit that it could be, and is getting thinner, but the floor mats fit precisely to all the countours, and even come up the center console a good bit, along with behind the brake and gas pedals, which prevent your feet from touching the stock carpet in pretty much ANY situation.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, I missed that you said that. I'm glad I'm not crazy, thinking it was thin. I do think it will hold up though. I just can't stand the way it fits. I'm sure that the other mats fit great, as I have seen them in some other trucks, but it is just the principle of the thing. I am refusing to get them because I just feel so jipped on that cargo liner.

I will say it again, it is better than nothing back there. I know it has saved some wear and tear on my cargo area. Other than trying some different brands, I will say that I wish I never had the cutouts done. I would rather pull it out on the occasions I put in the 3rd row than have the cutouts. They let tons of dirt get under the mat.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those looking at the Husky, I only get debris at the 3rd row seat attachment points.

Yes, the Weather techs are better up front. I have the Cabella's branded ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny