Cargo Area Tie Down Hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Evening guys,

I have a 2005 Yukon XL and this afternoon I was inspecting the tie-down hooks in the rear, near the liftgate. I am getting ready to install some sound deadening material in the near future, and I noticed there appears to be a loctite material on the screw. I attempted to unscrew it to get to the floor and it was a bear to get it about 1/2inch up.

I have seen a lot of you guys post your trucks with the dynamat etc in the rear and was wondering if you cut the carpet a tiny slit to lift over the tie downs, or went ahead and unscrewed them to allow the carpets to lift up.

I am not sure if the tahoes/yukons have these hooks, but I know the suburbans and xl's do. If anyone could chime in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

Beefhouse

Reaction score
My 04 Tahoe has them (2, both in the very back of the area). Get a cheater bar to slide over the torx key you're using to give yourself more leverage. Or, get a drill and a torx key bit.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, might just need a little more elbow grease. I've removed them a couple times.

OP
OP
T

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Thanks Beef and Vata. Yeah, I got them figured out. I ended up soaking them in WD-40 overnight, then using a 1/4inch hex ratchet (rather than the hex key) and they were good to go. Should have done this the first time.

Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12