Carbon fiber trim project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is looking a lot better. Nice and tight. Now I just need to put about 5 costs of epoxy on top, wet sand, buff and polish. I now know why real carbon fiber stuff is so expensive

20190218_091956.jpg

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you lay down a coat of the clear, go over it with a heat gun or hair dryer to pop the bubbles.

But yeah, like the others are saying, that's looking nice! Where can I send the panels off our wheel to get done? ;)

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you lay down a coat of the clear, go over it with a heat gun or hair dryer to pop the bubbles.

But yeah, like the others are saying, that's looking nice! Where can I send the panels off our wheel to get done? ;)

Haha I don't think anyone would want to pay what I'd have to charge for it. It's literally taking me weeks to do. If I can get the technique down, maybe.
Last night I spent an hour trimming the excess resin and fibers from the edges, wet sanding with 600, 1000, 2000 grit paper, then used rubbing compound, and polishing compound. But there are still small scratches so I'll have to wet sand again I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts