Carbon Fiber Door Vinyl Inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it now looks like fake carbon fiber on a SUV... just my opinion. I've never liked carbon fiber on a SUV, it's best kept to fast cars, etc :imo:

OP
OP
T

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was debating over flat black, carbon fiber or painting them silver to match the trim color around the steering wheel.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Silver would look good. I too am not a big fan of carbon fiber on anything but a performance vehicle. But yours is subtle an I think it looks good. If you're happy with it, is leave it

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have to agree Carbon doesn't fit a SUV. I would have done brushed alumi or gloss black, just IMO.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think since it blends well it look good.

Although all fake carbon fiber looks rice imo

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Looks ok. But preffer real cf. Only problem is over time it looks ugly I've had to redo my hood and roof before

Robh415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great

I think it looks great. Was it hard to pop the old pieces off to cover them? I was also going to try the center console wood also.

OP
OP
T

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old pieces are easy to take off but you do have to pull the door panels off to completely remove them from the door panel.

The trim pieces have clips and a few screws from behind holding them in.

I haven't done the console pieces yet - I am still trying to decide if I like the ones i already did. From the looks of it you would have to tear apart the console to get them completely out.

I own a cnc mill and am thinking about making some billet inserts if i ever get time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157