Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23 Yukon Ultimate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ultimate
Has anyone used a car wash yet? Do the people in the car wash know how this automatic switch to park works Just wondering if anyone has had a problem
Thanks New member Here

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me I don't send mine thru the car wash, very bad on the paint like scratches and swirl marks. But I would recommend that you print out just the portion about how to enter a car wash and keep it in the vehicle. That way you or somebody else won't have to remember the steps needed to stay in neutral.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken my Yukon through an automatic carwash a few times, I've been in it as it goes through, no problems with staying in neutral. When I have time I'll wash it by hand.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't answer the question but the one car wash I took ours to seemed to be made for a compact car. I thought it was going to blow the windows out. Real good water leakage test and it passed with flying colors - but never again. Thought the dryer blowers would remove paint.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car wash staff deal with all sorts of different scenarios with newer vehicles and generally are able to help get you in neutral properly, quickly. The newer F150s can be a bit of a pain, but most of the issues are with people that refuse to hold their foot on the brake while placing a vehicle in neutral and/or removing parking brake. I haven't heard of any issues with a 2023 Tahoe/Suburban/etc.

As for safety of it, *all* friction wash "soft touch" owners will claim that their wraps (brushes) are completely safe and dirt can't adhere to them. I wouldn't trust them for a second, as a busy wash just does not have enough time between vehicles for those wraps to get fully rinsed off.

Touchless tunnel is a completely different story and one we swear by!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have used the brush type tunnels before and hated it but not on my current Tahoe. The close one to us is a chamois type brush and I removed my antenna and folded the mirrors and all came out fine but I cringed and could not bring myself to do it again. There is a water pressure only one, relatively close, that I use with no problems. They have a soap bucket at the pay tower that you can use your own rags or brush to prep it and it does a good job. But I always prefer a six pack and sunshine and to do it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224