Can someone with a 2022 Tahoe video their tilt adjust steering wheel in motion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the problem here is that it is not a "defect" per say, there is nothing in any literature or vehicle specification that states the steering column motor will not make noise.
if the one they showed you on the lot made the same noise then that right there kind of makes it tough because even if they caved and replaced it there is no guarantee that the replacement would not make the exact same noise. Also even if you paid out of pocket to have it replaced there is still no guarantee that it will not make noise.
I don't think you will have much luck either way unfortunately.
personally if it really pissed me off I would figure out a way to break it without any evidence and then go back and say hey it's not working, lol still no promise it would come back quiet though :shrug:
the gmt900's all have cracked dash's a very widely known and well documented issue and very visual defect and GM has not lifted a finger about it
other options are trade it in.
Well that's part of my issue too. I didn't see the any other model do the same thing with my own eyes. I was told by the service advisor that the tech tested another one and it was the same. Call me skeptical, I guess.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd find a different dealer that has a 21+ on the lot and check to see if there is a noise difference. may have to play like you're interested in buying one or simply ask if you could compare it with yours. something like that you almost have to have someone on your side before it goes into the shop to be "checked out"

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the problem here is that it is not a "defect" per say, there is nothing in any literature or vehicle specification that states the steering column motor will not make noise.
if the one they showed you on the lot made the same noise then that right there kind of makes it tough because even if they caved and replaced it there is no guarantee that the replacement would not make the exact same noise. Also even if you paid out of pocket to have it replaced there is still no guarantee that it will not make noise.
I don't think you will have much luck either way unfortunately.
personally if it really pissed me off I would figure out a way to break it without any evidence and then go back and say hey it's not working, lol still no promise it would come back quiet though :shrug:
the gmt900's all have cracked dash's a very widely known and well documented issue and very visual defect and GM has not lifted a finger about it
other options are trade it in.

I was going to suggest this but you beat me to it LOL.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2022 LS column is deathly silent when trying to telescope it...since it has manual tilt, and no telescoping at all. No motor to make excessive noise. I'm quite content.

Good luck, it's going to be tough to get that fixed. Also, the audio level on a phone video is probably not something that will convince anyone.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2022 LS column is deathly silent when trying to telescope it...since it has manual tilt, and no telescoping at all. No motor to make excessive noise. I'm quite content.

Good luck, it's going to be tough to get that fixed. Also, the audio level on a phone video is probably not something that will convince anyone.
No telescoping ? On a 2022? Yeah no thanks. Crazy oversight

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had telescoping steering column in two vehicles, and I've been driving since 1977 and owned 65 cars. Maybe it's not really necessary?

Oh...one of those required using a wrench to move the column. It didn't make any noise, either!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interesting - my '22 Yukon XL SLE has manual tilt and tele.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter