Can I replace PPV suspension parts to make it ride smoother?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Run some 265-70-17 Michelin Defenders if you want a smooth ride.
That's what I run on mine, but I got them in load range E. The Goodyear Eagles that came on it were also Load range E. I rather like them and run them at 60psi.
If the OP just goes with the standard load range tire his ride will be much better. Personally, I love the suspension set up. It reacts much better in traffic and there is a lot less sway/roll.

OP
OP
dhwright

dhwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to report back and thank y’all again, I changed the suspension parts and tires as recommended and now my 2014 PPV rides very smooth, soaks up the bumps, and my wife is happy also!
Thanks again!
Dave

Jerryrich0806

Reaction score
Just to report back and thank y’all again, I changed the suspension parts and tires as recommended and now my 2014 PPV rides very smooth, soaks up the bumps, and my wife is happy also!
Thanks again!
Dave
Got a photo? I'm trying to do the same to my 2011 ppv

NSIMMONS6112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes you can. It’s the spring rates that are stiff. Replace the front struts with non PPV units. The front shocks are the same.

in the rear, the springs are shorter. the shocks are shorter to match, so both would need to be changed if you go with stock springs. That would also change the stance.
I have a 2020 that is the same way will regular springs fit this model 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts