Can I get bigger tires on my stock Z71 rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, but I was wondering if I can get bigger tires on my Z71. I like my 20" Rims that it came with but I'd like to get thicker tires. I'm fine with lifting it if I need to. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to tires. Thanks!

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Various different ways to accomplish that request. But need to know if there is a specific purpose of the tires you are looking to achieve? Offroading/ weather/ visual effect/ etc

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
You can fit 35s easy with stock wheels and nothing but maybe a 40$ 2” leveling kit
Keep in mind depending on the offset and tire width you may need .25” or bigger wheel spacers up front too keep the tire from rubbing on the control arms
I fit 20x12 and 275s with no lift and blown out shocks nose diving hard but when I put the 295s on with the 2” leveling kit she cleared full lock I don’t remember ever having to trim anything until I put he X14 wides on

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Various different ways to accomplish that request. But need to know if there is a specific purpose of the tires you are looking to achieve? Offroading/ weather/ visual effect/ etc

More just visual effect. I would just like something a little bigger as I've seen a few around with bigger tires on here and think it looks great.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to fit 305/50x20 tires with no modifications. Michelin defenders are the tires to buy, if 90+% of your driving is on asphalt.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question, but I was wondering if I can get bigger tires on my Z71. I like my 20" Rims that it came with but I'd like to get thicker tires. I'm fine with lifting it if I need to. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to tires. Thanks!
You didn't mention your suspension setup. Base? Magneride? Air? That will make a difference if you're thinking about lifting. Generally, you can go up from say 275/60 to 285/60 and keep your whole setup. More visually significant increases may require more reading about what others have tried to see what works and what doesn't with the various suspension configurations.