Can i fit 275/65/18 tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigEchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I bought a 2010 Tahoe Ls about a year ago and installed a 2” rough country leveling kit. I want to put on a bigger tire to improve the stance and look. Im wondering if i can fit a275/65/18 without any trimming( not locked to the toyo’s but i like the look) any help would be appreciated. Pics too! Thanks in advance

OP
OP
BigEchevy

BigEchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the toyos im looking at are the open country at 3s

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I bought a 2010 Tahoe Ls about a year ago and installed a 2” rough country leveling kit. I want to put on a bigger tire to improve the stance and look. Im wondering if i can fit a275/65/18 without any trimming( not locked to the toyo’s but i like the look) any help would be appreciated. Pics too! Thanks in advance

Yes, that's only about 1/2 inch taller tire. You could go 265-70-18 without a level and is a 1/2 taller than the one you mentioned.

OP
OP
BigEchevy

BigEchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and info Swathdiver. Much appreciated. I figured i was good on height but was worried about width and height combined. I think im gonna go with the 275’s. I like a little wider tire.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a new 33" tire is going to be right at the upper limit of clearance. I have 275/60R20 tires which equal 33", and a small leveling kit on my Yukon, and you can barely get a finger between the tire and fender liner when you sweep through the steering from full-lock to full-lock.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 275/55/20 Cooper ATs on Factory 2018 Silverado wheels and I have Zero rubbing. I compared my tire size and what you are proposing and the size is nearly identical. Like Joe said-you are using the tire size calcs as a "What If" to hedge your bets that a wheel/tire combo will work. Here is another link you can use to compare.

What if Calc

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 275/55/20 Cooper ATs on Factory 2018 Silverado wheels and I have Zero rubbing. I compared my tire size and what you are proposing and the size is nearly identical. Like Joe said-you are using the tire size calcs as a "What If" to hedge your bets that a wheel/tire combo will work. Here is another link you can use to compare.

What if Calc

That's what I use when I'm curious about fitments.

OP
OP
BigEchevy

BigEchevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys i’ll check that link out. I’ve done so more research and im feeling pretty good about it now.