Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2004 tahoe was broken into when I let my mom drive it. They only took her purse and not the truck. They left a deep cut in the keyhole of the drivers side handle. I want to know if I can easily install a passenger side door handle to the drivers side to prevent people from just messing with the lock and breaking in.
replace the handle and do not leave things in plain sight, that's why they broke in.
if they do not see something inside to take then they are likely to just move on to the next guy.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That also would be a good business--disposing all of the dirtbag's carcasses.
Disposing of bodies is always a good business, until you get caught. But if you wanted training, I bet there would be some people in Chicago who would be willing to oblige. Unless they were training someone else at the time...

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are wanting to protect your locks, this might help too: https://jimmijammer.com/

Finally, you could always add door locks back -- they are surprisingly cheap -- but not connect them to anything. This seems to have confused the hell out of the last thief to go after my truck. Unintentionally, of course. I just put the door lock in to fill the hole.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you are wanting to protect your locks, this might help too: https://jimmijammer.com/

Finally, you could always add door locks back -- they are surprisingly cheap -- but not connect them to anything. This seems to have confused the hell out of the last thief to go after my truck. Unintentionally, of course. I just put the door lock in to fill the hole.
I installed those jimmy jammerz on my Tahoe. Fortunately they've never been tested. Hopefully they never will.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disposing of bodies is always a good business, until you get caught. But if you wanted training, I bet there would be some people in Chicago who would be willing to oblige. Unless they were training someone else at the time...
It's my dream job - Dirt Bag Disposal Service. There would be no shortage of work for sure :shooter::angels2:

Don't take this verbatim......LOL

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
My 2004 tahoe was broken into when I let my mom drive it. They only took her purse and not the truck. They left a deep cut in the keyhole of the drivers side handle. I want to know if I can easily install a passenger side door handle to the drivers side to prevent people from just messing with the lock and breaking in.
I did that to my yukon several years ago and has been like than since. Don't recall if I had to modify the rear handle.

Attachments

• 20231209_110458.jpg
    20231209_110458.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019