CAI sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a clip of someone's SC and I just noticed that there is a huge air sucking sound when he hits the pedal....is that normal or does that need to be tuned? Mine sounds very similiar...MINUS the supercharger :(

[yt]OavZodzOmD4[/yt]

BOSS

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Sounds normal to me. Sounds as if he has a CAI installed. Also sounds like there is a building or something really close helping to amplify the sounds

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
That sound is pretty normal, every vehicle that I had that had an intake on it made that sound, some more than others. It also seems louder at night.

UWMlax15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a really cold sound. If you hold a piece of paper next to the filter and step on the gas, you can see the paper get sucked to the filter. Does anybody know if the sound is any quieter in a kit like Volant where the filter is enclosed? I would think yes, but curious to hear any input.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i was running a K&N drop in filter with an airaid intake tube as well as a modified factory air box (cut a 3" hole in the bottom) and it was pretty loud, the loud came when i installed the airaid intake tube

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
and trust me... RT knows a thing or two about sucking lots of air! BBBUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

its all love RT...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo