Cabin Air Filter Compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robnarley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found tons of thread of people adding cabin air filters to their 2003-up Tahoes and Yukons, mostly GMT900s, though. There is not much info on the 2003-2006 filter type. I have found the ACDelco brand filter that fits 2003-2006, part CF1236C. I like to have a lot of options though when purchasing things and can't find filters for 2003-2006 from other manufacturers. Can we use the 2000-2002 cabin air filters that are comprised of two small filters?

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Basically the spot to have an cabin air filter for a 2003 etc is there, GM just sealed it off. You'll want to make sure you actually have a cabin air filter first before going off and buying one. Go peek under your passenger side dashboard and confirm you have the ability to have a filter in the first place.

Personally as an owner of a 2003 ZR1 i do not have a factory cabin air filter. Like you i found people that said they had cabin air filters. Like you i shopped for a cabin air filter. I purchased a cabin air filter in surety that i would be able to replace it. And i found out it has been sealed off by GM and there is no filter. Now i have a filter i can't return. The alternative is to hack a filter into place.

This video shows what you need to do. It involves cutting out the hole, replacing the hole with a hatch thing (that costs $50), adding the filter and closing it all off again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz