Cabin Air Cleaner Tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rumblur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2018 RST 6.2L, the cabin air cleaner from the factory was so - so quality. Went to my auto-parts store and bought one from STP. The STP version is super low quality. Standby, for my luck at finding a better one. If nothing else, I may just simply go to my Chevy dealer, as theirs did at least a respectable job. I drive 16,000 miles a year, and store my truck indoors in a pristine garage, yet my filter was filthy dirty. Note to self, change the cab air filter yearly.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
On my 2018 RST 6.2L, the cabin air cleaner from the factory was so - so quality. Went to my auto-parts store and bought one from STP. The STP version is super low quality. Standby, for my luck at finding a better one. If nothing else, I may just simply go to my Chevy dealer, as theirs did at least a respectable job. I drive 16,000 miles a year, and store my truck indoors in a pristine garage, yet my filter was filthy dirty. Note to self, change the cab air filter yearly.

Look for a carbon or activated charcoal filter. It won't stay any cleaner, but will do a better job.

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the K&N washable filter on my 16' Suburban and 18' Tahoe. Seems to be great quality, a bit expensive though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy