Bye bye HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to this post, I just ordered some LEDs for the fogs. I have had issues with the 25 W HIDs burning out as well. 2 sets, both burned up in 2-3 months. First time the manufacturer warrantied them. Now I got an email saying it was my installation that was the problem (even though my headlights have been in for a year with no problems), and they havent responded to my emails since...

Anyway, LEDs it is!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been running 55watts in my metal and glass projector fogs for some time now with zero problems.
They bright as hell and I will never go back to normal fogs EVER!
I've got a combined total of 220watts worth of 4500k blasting out the front of my denali, with no problems or ppl flashing me.

Theres plenty, of links here that I posted to the fogs I bought from Ebay for 45$ if anyone is interested, Even a install thread.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, how do they do at night?

I can barely see any difference at night when toggling the LED fog lights on and off. My HID's light output bury's the LED's and is strictly there for looks... I went with the LED route after hearing about so many people getting burnt out HID fogs/melted housings... i just finished reading on a thread where someone had a 25W kit burn out even... so if you do plan on getting LED fog's, don't plan on getting them for light output!

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 35W DDM Tuning 5202 HIDs in my fogs for over a year and a half. I run them very often and have never had an issue with burning out a bulb or damaging the housing or lens.....???

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I have 55w HID's in my fogs, and after a winter of running them I have two little, barely noticeable scorch marks in the center of my lenses. Not a big deal since they were $30 aftermarket replacement housings. I'll get some new ones next winter and start again. The light output is freakin' amazing, and when it's dark 18 hours a day I appreciate that a lot...lol.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know you guys could run the fogs with a wiring harness so it runs straight off the battery with a relay.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know you guys could run the fogs with a wiring harness so it runs straight off the battery with a relay.

Yes. Thats how I ran it the first time. Second time I was told by the manufacturer that I should run it direct. Both ways results in early burn outs.

Oh well. I dont care about fogs... LEDs will do fine for me...

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also run DDM 35w HID's in my fogs and run them every night for long periods and have never had an issue with melting... Wierd...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts