Buzzing motor type sound when first unlocking truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured this might be a good place to ask this as we have no clue what it is.

When unlocking truck and opening drivers door there is a bzzzzzz sound which sounds like it is coming from under carriage. If a VIN is needed I’d be happy to share via DM/PM.

I believe my truck has magnetic suspension but am unclear on that as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured this might be a good place to ask this as we have no clue what it is.

When unlocking truck and opening drivers door there is a bzzzzzz sound which sounds like it is coming from under carriage. If a VIN is needed I’d be happy to share via DM/PM.

I believe my truck has magnetic suspension but am unclear on that as well.
fuel pump priming, the k2XX do this when you unlock it or open the drivers door.
completely normal

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will hear other clicks and sounds inside as well as the system handshakes and wakes up, the radio & cluster have a special buss I forget what it is called, but that is why the screen lights up before you even insert the key or press start if push to start.

markni12301

Reaction score
Do you have power running boards?
Concur on the power running boards question. This buzz also happens to me when I unlock in the garage. But I thought it was more prevalent when turned on the headlights to check them, like it was the aftermarket Marsauto HIDS I just installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne