Buying New - Color Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to order a new 2016 Yukon XL Denali. I would like White Diamond Tricoat like my current Denali but it looks like it's not offered in 2016 models.

So it looks like either White Frost Tricoat or Sparkling Silver Metallic.
Which of these would be closer to my White Diamond Tricoat? Does anybody have one of these colors and can post a picture for me. It. Would be greatly appreciated. I did a search an no dealers around me have these colors for me to look at. On the GMC website I like the Sparkling Silver Metallic but it's hard to tell from the website. An actual picture would help. Thanks guys.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very different colors, think of it as white vs light champagne

Some don't like the new white, as it is much cooler like white on an appliance

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very different colors, think of it as white vs light champagne

Some don't like the new white, as it is much cooler like white on an appliance

Yeah. My wife don't like white. She likes the white diamond Tricoat that we have because it is off white. In the pics on the gmc website the sparkling silver metallic looks closest. Like an off white. But it's hard to tell from those computer generated pics.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about time they got rid of white diamond tri coat. It was looking tired. At least every other GM was white diamond. It had too much yellow in it. Should've been called white urine tri coat lol White Frost Tricoat is its replacement and looks far more impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgsntth

Reaction score
I have Metallic Silver. Surprisingly rare, and my favorite color after Iridium. I did not think about Iridium until I saw Willieflo's. I think White looks like too "official government business" on these trucks.

Sub Z71_Feb 2016.jpg

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm struck by how few Denalis we see out there with the Bronze Alloy, Dark Forest Green or Light Steel Gray.

WVCarGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to order a new 2016 Yukon XL Denali. I would like White Diamond Tricoat like my current Denali but it looks like it's not offered in 2016 models.

So it looks like either White Frost Tricoat or Sparkling Silver Metallic.
Which of these would be closer to my White Diamond Tricoat? Does anybody have one of these colors and can post a picture for me. It. Would be greatly appreciated. I did a search an no dealers around me have these colors for me to look at. On the GMC website I like the Sparkling Silver Metallic but it's hard to tell from the website. An actual picture would help. Thanks guys.
image.jpeg I have the 2016 Yukon in White Frost Tricoat, I like it because it's whiter and cleaner looking than the White diamond, it does have a nice sparkle to it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10