Buying a dud 2022? Help???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
So I am guessing an old stock lower MSRP is a good find and should be tested like a deal? Or would it be better to wait a bit for a 2023 even if it is a few thousand more?

Thanks

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2022 Yukon SLT sat in the lot from April till October. Other than not having heated and vented seats and parking assist that will be retrofitted the only issue I had was how dirty it was. After a couple hours of detailing it now looks great. I paid MSRP for it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You all remember the way back machine where at the end of the year sometimes the dealer had inventory; and there were incentives and deals?

Well back then; you might buy a dealer inventory vehicle in December that got delivered to the dealer in March or April…what’s the difference in that or sitting in Midloathian?

EducatorDan

Reaction score
You all remember the way back machine where at the end of the year sometimes the dealer had inventory; and there were incentives and deals?

Well back then; you might buy a dealer inventory vehicle in December that got delivered to the dealer in March or April…what’s the difference in that or sitting in Midloathian?
Pretty sure my 2018 Regal TourX was delivered to the dealer in August 2018 and I purchased it in June 2019. Back in those glory days there was a $5K rebate to take it off their hands.

It's been great and don't forget folks that the warranties don't kick in until you take delivery no matter how long it's been sitting on the lot.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you want to pay 10K more plus an adjustment?? The warranty starts as soon as you buy it. If its in new condition, not weathered, hail damage or otherwise, whats the difference what driveway it sits in??

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I bought a Honda Accord in May of 2017. I didn't even bother to look at the build date back then. Turns out it was built in October of '16. It sat around somewhere for 7 months. It smelled like a new car and 50K miles later - zero issues.

The '22 Yukon XL Duramax I just picked up a couple of weeks ago was built in May of this year. Other than being a bit dusty under the hood (which the salesman cleaned up while I was in the finance office filling out paper work) there's nothing wrong with it.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to look for the aged inventory...we put a good amount of miles on our vehicles and buying last year's model and running up the miles usually comes out better when we trade...3 yr old vehicle with 75k miles is evaluated differently than a 2yr old one...

the only advantage of a vehicle sitting on a dealer lot is that most dealers wash every vehicle I'd say at least 2x/month (the whole pressure washer on a trailer guy).

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. If the vehicle checks all your desired boxes i would have no issue jumping on it. Who the heck knows when another one will be available…if the waiting game happens to be an issue for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter