Buying a dud 2022? Help???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
Is there anyway to tell the date of manufacture of a 2022 Tahoe? Found a decent deal on a 2022 Tahoe 4wd LT that is just coming into the dealer but I am worried if it sat somewhere for months waiting for a chip or something.

I am a bit worried as the window sticker lists the MSRP of $59,000 for a 4wd Tahoe LT, it seems very low, pre-inflation. Final MSRP of it is (4wd 2022 Tahoe w/Luxury Plus and rear captains chairs) is only $65,300 including destination. A new 2023 with the same equipment is about $69k. The dealer still wants $2k over MSRP but still seems like a deal as they will honor the Costco $1k off. It is missing steering lock and parking assists but that will be retrofitted.

How do I know I am not getting a dud that has been sitting in some field for months? Seem like a good deal or wait for a 2023?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is there a certain date of manufacture you are trying to avoid? You can use Chevrolet Forum, click on Tools and type in the VIN and get info. You do not have to join the forum to do this. Make sure you type the VIN in all caps.

Sorry, I just looked and they do not supply the manufacture date

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask the dealer to send you a picture of the door jamb stickers. One of them will have the month and year of manufacture.

Also, as far as I can tell all '22s had the steering column lock delete and the retrofit for the parking sensors. For a brief time there was a retrofit for the heated seats. The '23s are still deleting the steering column lock, but otherwise coming fully equipped (except for recently announced wireless charger delete).

OP
OP
W

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
Ask the dealer to send you a picture of the door jamb stickers. One of them will have the month and year of manufacture.

Also, as far as I can tell all '22s had the steering column lock delete and the retrofit for the parking sensors. For a brief time there was a retrofit for the heated seats. The '23s are still deleting the steering column lock, but otherwise coming fully equipped (except for recently announced wireless charger delete).
It’s not at the dealer yet, in transit but should be there in a week or two. The dealer told me I can come in with my trade and if the numbers are right lock in the numbers until it comes in.

I just read on here some where that a lot of 22’s were sitting for awhile waiting for parts. I mean after all 23’s are being shipped and at deals why in the world would 22’s still be coming to the dealer… again unless they have been sitting around for awhile.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not at the dealer yet, in transit but should be there in a week or two. The dealer told me I can come in with my trade and if the numbers are right lock in the numbers until it comes in.

I just read on here some where that a lot of 22’s were sitting for awhile waiting for parts. I mean after all 23’s are being shipped and at deals why in the world would 22’s still be coming to the dealer… again unless they have been sitting around for awhile.
They're still working on cleaning out this lot --->

dancastro

Reaction score
Ask the dealer for a copy of the build sheet. It'll list all the RPO's, any "deletes" and the build date.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer should be able to pull that info with about 5 mins of leg work....but probably I'd try other options before alerting the dealer

try calling GM (could try chat first but the effectiveness of their chat has drastically gone downhill over the past 6 months)...I'd call and may need the order number and simply ask if they could provide the build date...the order number is located on the window sticker, located in the bottom right "rectangle" - first line item in that box

if you need the window sticker - VIN after the link below

there are other rogue forum members that can pull this data as well (not on this site) - PM if you want to go down that path

OP
OP
W

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
Why do some 2022 Tahoe LTs have standard vehicle price of $59,000 while others have it at $60,500?

The new 2023 Tahoe LTs are at $62,700 for reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons