Button Repair Kit Sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did.

they are better then nothing. mine have seemed to last, but they aren't exactly like the buttons and light doesn't show thru them at night. but they look better than without them.

some. might be better quality than others. I just got some random Amazon ones. I don't know what your option are thou, replace the whole ac module or some stickers.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. Got some off Amazon. Looks better than the rubbed off buttons but not the greatest

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I just posted this in another thread, but yes they work good.
just get as much of the old paint off as possible.
I used duct tape to pull it off, the old paint really wasn't on there too good, but good enough for buttons I suppose.
or maybe it was years of finger oils breaking down the bond.

Clean the naked button with something like rubbing alcohol before sticking on there and they are good enough and better than buying a new unit for the $300+ that it costs.

It's still not as bright as the original paint but it's close enough to find them in the dark.

On my Tahoe I found if I stick them over the damaged paint, the button goes nearly dark.
That cost me a second set, however removing the first attempt removed 99% of the paint that existed, and that gave me the duct tape removal method idea. :jester:

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a link to the thread I started when I did mine. I got the decals off of eBay and after a few weeks they are holding up pretty good. Honestly unless you know I put them on you can't tell it has decals on it. I'm pleased with the results. Here is a link to the sellers page that I ordered from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts