Built a set of car ramps for my Tahoe and other cars - Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a little time on my hands so I built a set of ramps to make rolling under the Tahoe a little easier. Good project for an excuse to get out to the shop for a couple of hours :)

Dad Truck wheel.jpg

Here is a quick video if you are interested in making a set for yourself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice DIY project

I guess they don't make the black plastic ones like they used to. I've had a set for 15-20 years and use them on cars, trucks, mini-vans.

I did make a 2-tier wood set out of 2x12s about 3 feet long to use under my car trailer loading ramps to keep my lowered mustang from dragging when loading.

Those things are heavy and I can onky imagine how much a higher tiered one would weigh.... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a little time on my hands so I built a set of ramps to make rolling under the Tahoe a little easier. Good project for an excuse to get out to the shop for a couple of hours :)

View attachment 237211

Here is a quick video if you are interested in making a set for yourself.

Those look nice. I made my first set of ramps like this when I was in college and needed to replace the brake lines to the rear of my ‘76 Impala. I didn’t have any jack stands so I went to one the many ever-present construction sites and grabbed a pile of 2x10’s. Had one for front and rear driver side tires and put the front passenger tire up on the curb in the angled parking spot I had. Worked great but not as refined as yours.

OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went all-out and built these....
dscf3743-jpg.jpg
dscf3744-jpg.jpg
...mainly for the Passat, but sure do help when working on the Yukon.

That Sir is a fire hazzard....JK - very nice - only down side is how much room they take - but if you do a lot of work on cars very much worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak