Build Vs Buy (5.3 to 6.0)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good deal, but I would pull the motor apart, put some ARP main studs in and take it to a machine shop and have it lined honed. Studs will tighten up main brgs and you need to have it honed back into spec. I would deburr the entire block both inside and out, clean up the oil passages into the pump and then into the filter housing. Give it a good bath and re-assemble.

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would throw a torquey cam in it, bolt the accessories on, slap it on the ass and drop it in.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Sorry I've been off the boards for most of the summer! Number 1. Get a LQ4 6.0L the LQ9 only has 10hp more!!!

And build it. Two get a 4L80 and a CompUshift II controller. You will need a different crossmember. Also get the factory 2005-2006 E-Fans. long tubes headers are tricky for the Z-71's, should need to shorten the drive shaft to the rear, do 243 heads ported and polished. A mild cam and a good converter. Also look for a TBSS intake and LS2 throttle body. You are gonna be hard pressed with out the above said to got to 400BHP unless you go F.I.!!! Any questions just ask or PM me

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher