Build Sheets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetterss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are build sheets hidden somewhere in our Tahoes? Those are the sheets of paper that are attached to the trucks as they go down the assembly lines. For example, in C5 corvettes they are rolled up and put in the hidden front bumper brace. I'd like to retrieve mine if it even exists. Any ideas out there?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can get your build sheet from gm tech support, mon-sat during regular business hours on the gm website, select chat and then select topic for "vehicle I already own", provide them the vin and they will send it to you via email.

OP
OP
vetterss

vetterss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks but that is not the same thing. I was aware of what they could give us but I am talking about the actual build sheet that is attached/taped to the truck as it goes down the production line. It is usually hidden in the vehicles just before they are finished. But I will give the GM site a try as well just in case something has changed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks but that is not the same thing. I was aware of what they could give us but I am talking about the actual build sheet that is attached/taped to the truck as it goes down the production line. It is usually hidden in the vehicles just before they are finished. But I will give the GM site a try as well just in case something has changed.
pretty sure there is no such thing at least for these vehicles otherwise it would have been common knowledge a very long time ago, besides every inch of these trucks has been opened or modified it would have been found, again quite some time ago.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are build sheets hidden somewhere in our Tahoes? Those are the sheets of paper that are attached to the trucks as they go down the assembly lines. For example, in C5 corvettes they are rolled up and put in the hidden front bumper brace. I'd like to retrieve mine if it even exists. Any ideas out there?

I got my build sheet from GM, great info there.

I haven't seen one of them in a long time, used to be stuck between the seat springs.

Mike you said you have the original window sticker, any way you could post that? It would be real interesting.

OP
OP
vetterss

vetterss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will try and post a picture of the window sticker in a couple days. Got to dig it up. I filed it away.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original window sticker........

View attachment 195403

My mileage ratings are blank! Probably why my matches it too! All of my 70s and 80s and some 90s GM cars had build sheets between the cushion and springs in the seats. Haven't seen one yet in the truck. I think we recently found one in one of our 2000s Pontiacs but memory escapes me now.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mileage ratings are blank! Probably why my matches it too! All of my 70s and 80s and some 90s GM cars had build sheets between the cushion and springs in the seats. Haven't seen one yet in the truck. I think we recently found one in one of our 2000s Pontiacs but memory escapes me now.
Above gas tanks late 70’s too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew