Bugs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Downintheyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum and this is my first post, we bought our first GMC ever a month and a half ago and we like it. We have a problem and I need a place to start, when we saw it at the GMC dealership we saw a dead spider in both overhead lights but didn't think much of it. Well fast forward to now and we have bugs litterally crawling from somewhere in the vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas on where they could be coming from? All door and window rubbers are good to go. I was thinking maybe they are crawling up through the a/c vents? . Any help would be appreciated!

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went camping and a WolfHunter Spider got in the truck. Man, it was as big as my hand! I closed all the windows and got a bug bomb and set it off in the truck. I let it sit overnight (around 10 hours) then aired it out. I never saw it again. It sounds like a spider got in and laid eggs and now they are hatching. You could leave the windows open in hopes that the majority of them will find their way out of the truck. Then bug bomb it to kill the ones that were too stupid, or lazy, to leave while the getting was good.

Spiders are good at catching bugs and they are always on the hunt, even when they're small, so by leaving them a way out usually works. If you set of the bug bomb before that you'll have to clean out the dead spiders...lots of dead spiders. A shop vac should do the trick. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
D

Downintheyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! The only other part to the problem is that I now have stink bugs and other critters finding their way in now to and cicada season is coming!

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pest control co. could “tent” it. That would take care of all current unwanted guests.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

If you have 'multiple' bugs visible every time that you use the truck, I believe that you have an active colony(s) of bugs living in your truck. I'd second the suggestion that you put a bug bomb in the truck, kill them all, and then fully air out the truck afterwards.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went camping and a WolfHunter Spider got in the truck. Man, it was as big as my hand! I closed all the windows and got a bug bomb and set it off in the truck. I let it sit overnight (around 10 hours) then aired it out. I never saw it again. It sounds like a spider got in and laid eggs and now they are hatching. You could leave the windows open in hopes that the majority of them will find their way out of the truck. Then bug bomb it to kill the ones that were too stupid, or lazy, to leave while the getting was good.

Spiders are good at catching bugs and they are always on the hunt, even when they're small, so by leaving them a way out usually works. If you set of the bug bomb before that you'll have to clean out the dead spiders...lots of dead spiders. A shop vac should do the trick. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Did the bug bomb leave a nasty residue? Have been thinking about bombing my work van. I go into some nasty houses often

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wolf spiders can get really big.

My wife and I were backpacking along the Pacific Crest Trail. One night she decided she needed to pee and without thinking stepped out of the tent bare footed and was immediately bitten on the big toe. She shouted out and jumped back in. I went out to see if I could find what bit here and standing his ground right there was a big old wolf spider. It was a relief as I knew it was only going to hurt some and would fade away soon enough.

A really big spider surprising you while you are driving down the road can be quite dangerous and not from the risk of a bite. :)

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a car that seemed to always have ants in it. Never found a nest or any trace of where their fort was but every time I'd look in it there were ants running all over. I completely detailed the interior and still weeks later damn ants! Finally, I sprayed regular home defense spray around every seal and onto the carpets. It solved the ant problem and besides smelling for a few days had no ill effects.

I'll update this in 15years when I contract some forum of cancer.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with a Pyrethrum base insecticide. It’s made from Chrysanthemums. I would throw a tarp over it with the windows down and start on the outside. In the food industry they use Carbon Dioxide for Fumigation. This can take a few days and I’m guessing some big bucks. You basically remove all oxygen and replace it with Carbon Dioxide. So it would need to be in a sealed room of some kind. In the end your truck would be safe with no clean up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345