Buffeting / Vibrations/ cabin ear pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grrr.... Just drove two new body styles one a 16 with 20s and a 18 with 22s. The 16 was very uncomfortable and actually made me a little queezy and my wife instantly noticed her head was pressured a bit at 30-45mph. Bumps it was amplified in both.

I didn't even warn the wife of this but it was noticeable. And I probably could get past it a little but i don't feel I should for that money.

I'm a die hard GM guy usually but we just said good bye to any full-size GM right now so I'm either looking at trucks or other full size suvs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
How was the 18?

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Better but perfect. Speed humps and bumps in the road and it did it for sure

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Anybody know of it is on all three bodies? Tahoe Yukon and Esky?

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
What a shame as this was our game plan to move up into another Denali. It was garbage. Miss my old Denali....

Looking at tundras and Sierra's now.

Jeep SRT up for sale.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know I do not have the buffeting on my 2016 Hoe with just over 47K miles. With 6 trips from Miami-NYC I think I would have noticed it by now. If I it does have it does not bother me. I can't worry about everything.

I have had major vibration issues at 75 MPH and higher. None at the lower speeds that I am aware of. I had to have my Continental tires balanced [20's] several times which solved the issue. I now have Michelin Defenders [20's] so hopefully they will not have to be rebalanced constantly.

Being I am right now in the NYC area I am hoping they will not get out of balance with the pot holed road ways here. The 495 going in and out of the Lincoln Tunnel [by Kennedy Blvd in Union City] feels like your Off-Roading and has been like that forever.

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Awesome ! Not everyone notices it but vibration is not the feeling we felt today it was a head pressure in the ears which was subtle but annoying...

Phdlock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do not have any pressure or buffeting problems with my 18 Denali. The 22s obviously are a little rougher than 20s or 18s would be. Very impressed with the suspension on back roads. Feels a lot lighter and smaller than it is as far as handling.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RST_wannabe and CTSVbecker I would just move on to something else if you and your family are feeling these issues. There are many of us that are very happy with our Tahoes, Yukons and Cadillacs. They are not for everyone. Unfortunately all manufactures have problems. I would keep test driving as full size SUVs are very expensive and you should be happy with and enjoy what you drive.

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Thanks I'm just doing research my friend, I've owned/driven damn near every gen GM suv since my 83 k5. My wife and I had cash in hand with my Jeep SRT when we were at the dealership the other day. Before full dismissal we are going to try a Tahoe rst

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie