Broken Intake Valve from Valve Float 6.2L L92?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Sounds good guys! Thanks for the help. Ill be sending them off to a shop. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Fingers crossed and i hope it turns out good!

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
So heads are good. Guy just recomended to get everything new, lifters, cam and all gaskets. So i decided to go up a noctch. Going with BTR stage 2 v2 truck cam, new ls7 lifters, new high volume oil pump and all new seals. Now i am wondering if i need to change my pushrods or can i use the same ones, will the length need to be changed because of new lifters and cam? The old ones are good and straight no abnormal wear. Btr states on the site that stock pushrods can be used.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So heads are good. Guy just recomended to get everything new, lifters, cam and all gaskets. So i decided to go up a noctch. Going with BTR stage 2 v2 truck cam, new ls7 lifters, new high volume oil pump and all new seals. Now i am wondering if i need to change my pushrods or can i use the same ones, will the length need to be changed because of new lifters and cam? The old ones are good and straight no abnormal wear. Btr states on the site that stock pushrods can be used.
I went with a stage 3 cam and extended pushrods in my 05 6.0. Mechanic recommended it.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i usually just recommend grabbing a house branded set of pushrods, everyones going to tell you to measure but if you havent shaved the heads down and you use a stock thickness head gasket the length shouldnt change.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Ok sounds good, im keeping a stock gasket only thing that is going to be changed/ upgraded is the cam and springs, cam comes as a kit with blue behive springs and valve seals and ill get all new gaskets upgraded melling high volume oil pump. Since i have the engine down to pretty much a short block i figuered migh as well change/ upgrade things since i have a little bit saved up. Anything else i should go for?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok sounds good, im keeping a stock gasket only thing that is going to be changed/ upgraded is the cam and springs, cam comes as a kit with blue behive springs and valve seals and ill get all new gaskets upgraded melling high volume oil pump. Since i have the engine down to pretty much a short block i figuered migh as well change/ upgrade things since i have a little bit saved up. Anything else i should go for?

dunno how much power you want lol. cam and bolt ons is a fun ride, make sure you got some budget for tuning

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The first thing that stuck out on this thread was that the truck was running on 87 octane gas w/ a tune.

While the L92 can run on regular, it is intended to be used in typical driving conditions. Without the added octane, the fuel ignites sooner, thus detonation/knock.

Cracked pistons & broken rings are signs of detonation occurring under load.

Valve seats hammered from float is another sign of preignition. GM won’t admit to it but I’ve found any high comp motor, super or turbocharged engine run on reg gas towing, high alt or w/ a tune become short lived.

It seems the valve seats are the Achilles heel of the L92 when run lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
dunno how much power you want lol. cam and bolt ons is a fun ride, make sure you got some budget for tuning
Im not looking for power i just to liven up the truck. I got the truck cam because i do want a choppy sound but nothing that needs a higher stall. Its a dad-mobile pretty much so just want it to have that "cool" factor but definitely i think it might need a tune after a cam

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
The first thing that stuck out on this thread was that the truck was running on 87 octane gas w/ a tune.

While the L92 can run on regular, it is intended to be used in typical driving conditions. Without the added octane, the fuel ignites sooner, thus detonation/knock.

Cracked pistons & broken rings are signs of detonation occurring under load.

Valve seats hammered from float is another sign of preignition. GM won’t admit to it but I’ve found any high comp motor, super or turbocharged engine run on reg gas towing, high alt or w/ a tune become short lived.

It seems the valve seats are the Achilles heel of the L92 when run lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the lady i got it from constantly ran it on 87 idk why, its a higher tier vehicle with moderate performance it requiers the good stuff from factory

Dannydean

Reaction score
Is the stage 2 cam a one or three bolt camshaft ? Vvt delete ?

I've been debating on the camshaft swap, and also dont want to get in to a bigger stall. I want it to pull from Down low like it does now. It seems like the rpm's hang around 1500 to 2000 just normal driving. It's my weekend toy hauler and family hauler.

This past weekend I just installed btr springs, lifters and done a little head work while I had them off. Just trying to decide on which cam. To many options -vvt or not ? One or three bolt? The ls2 tensioner is a good upgrade while you have the chain off. And I wonder if it will start and drive after the cam install, so you can get it to the tuner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo