Broken fuel injector lock clip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Flex Fuel injector connectors are different from the gas injector connectors, so be careful when choosing.
I’ll focus on finding a 2000-2003 model years as I think they started flex fuel option in mid 2003. I think LM7 is vin 8th digit T so that can help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll focus on finding a 2000-2003 model years as I think they started flex fuel option in mid 2003. I think LM7 is vin 8th digit T so that can help.
take a picture of the connector and just match it up, should be the same on pickups, suv's, vans across all makes chevy gmc cadillac

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flex fuel L59 much more common than non flex LM7. At least at my local junkyard. Ended up stumbling onto a discarded part of harness on the ground with 3 intact plugs lol

Once the weather warms up I’ll swap over the clips and finish up the knock sensor replacement.

Appreciate the excellent knowledge and fast responses on this forum!IMG_1482.jpeg

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the broken clips replaced. Was pretty easy! Just a pick was needed to take it apart then slightly bend the wire prongs out before inserting in good connector.

Will have to put on some miles for all the pcm checks to happen but I tested the new knock sensors before installing so hopefully it’s all good. IMG_1483.jpegIMG_1485.jpegIMG_1486.jpegIMG_1487.jpeg

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before: rear knock sensor hole was full of water. Probably from my engine degreasing when I first got it in March. Got a CEL in December. I made the damn of RTV per GM TSB so any water should not fill the knock sensor holes. Although the front was dry the rear is usually the one to get wet since the engine slopes backwards.

I shouldn’t have to clean engine with water since I’ve replaced valley cover gasket and valve cover gaskets should stop any upper engine oil leaks.

Before:
IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

Cam looks good from what I can see for 176k miles.

IMG_1476.jpegIMG_1477.jpegIMG_1475.jpeg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Water under the bridge, or around the dam if you will. But I was under the impression that the knock sensor RTV dams were supposed to be open at the back -- not full circle.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water under the bridge, or around the dam if you will. But I was under the impression that the knock sensor RTV dams were supposed to be open at the back -- not full circle.
You are correct but I completely closed the circle. The new rubber grommets fit very tight so I doubt water can get past them. I guess my thinking was keep all water out and if any somehow makes it over the dam the rubber covers are so tight it should just evaporate. Maybe 10 years they will shrink?

I also cut two small channels in the rear foam so any water can run out the back of the engine. Left the front and rear foam pieces in to keep rodents out as they both had chewing marks on the outside.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i did the 05 i sealed up the whole thing all the way around and over the edge of the grommet, should be water tight lol
that was like 3 years ago no issue's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan