Broken axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the repairs. At least you weren't on the highway at speed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you put a cotter pin in that nut next time too.
Edit: I know the Moog ones have cotter pins but maybe yours had the aircraft -type nuts that have plastic in them so they don't back off?

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
Yea the company I got it from didn't supply a castle nut with a cotter pin. The outer tie rod did. Definitely will get one this time around

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your stabilizer link kit is installed incorrectly. Are you sure you even installed a nut on the upper ball joint? Im not trying to bust your balls but you need to take this very seriously. This isnt something as little as forgetting to put gas in it or leaving the windows down on a rainy night. You royally screwed up and could have killed yourself along with others. With this forum here and all the youtube videos out there, there isnt any reason to get a stabilizer link kit installed wrong. Its either laziness or recklessness to get it screwed up that bad.
And there is no way I would reuse that brake line nor upper AND lower ball joint. Most likely the rim is junk now too. The upper control arm, steering knuckle, lower control arm, shock and brake caliper/rotor need inspected very closely for cracks, being bent or any other damage before they go back on the vehicle.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't reuse almost any of those parts. Your lucky your alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro