Broke clip on headlight bulb connector (2017 Denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PivotalRex

Reaction score
I was trying to upgrade my hid bulb to vanquish auto 6k bulbs and broke the clip on the connector that plugs into the bulb. Oem bulb works for now but figure its just a matter of time before it loosens free. I did a search for the part, havent come up with anything. Figure its part of wire harness that connects to ballast so this might be pricey to have replaced (labor wise).

Has anyone else broken this piece? It's the little gray clip on the plug.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, I have not broken one. Bet you were out in the cold doing it? Dang plastics gets brittle.

Sounds like you will need to order a new plug assembly (from Amazon?) for your headlight and wire it in. High or low beam?

I would solder it too. To get a real good connection. Then seal it well with tape or that "liquid" electrical tape.

OP
OP
P

PivotalRex

Reaction score
Nope, I have not broken one. Bet you were out in the cold doing it? Dang plastics gets brittle.

Sounds like you will need to order a new plug assembly (from Amazon?) for your headlight and wire it in. High or low beam?

I would solder it too. To get a real good connection. Then seal it well with tape or that "liquid" electrical tape.

You're right about the cold, I barely touched the clip. Gave up at that point. Found a couple oem ballast assemblies on ebay that have the connector but its 90 bucks and for driver's side, not passenger. I'll check with dealer tomorrow and see if I can just order the connector from the bulb to the ballast.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try Dorman or Amazon first. Nooooooooo, not the dealer!

High or low beam?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy