Brightest V-LED backup lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for the brightest backup lights I can get short of doing a HID install. The previous owner had the upgraded Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in there, and the light output is pretty good. But after reading a bunch of reviews on V-LEDs, I'm thinking about trying out some LEDs. So, what would be brighter, the Silverstars, the 92-LED bulbs, or the 20-LED bulbs. Both the V-LEDs have a 5-star output rating. The 20-LED one looks like a more focused design, and despite having only 20 LEDs, says they are "brighter than any other bulb for this application". Can these actually be brighter, despite the sheer number of LEDs on the 92, or is it just marketing talk? Or would the Silverstars still have better output? I tried looking up an actual value for the light output, but the only one I could find anything on is the 20-LED one at 360 lm. Thanks for the help.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had both type of those LED reverse lights actually. Most recently I had the V-LED (20)-LED back up lights and they were bright as shit. I highly recommend them out of the two that you posted. Although they have less LED's, they are brighter. I just recently sold my pair of 20-LED lights because I ended up splicing in an 4300k HID kit in there as I work in the middle of nowhere in the country and need as much light as I can to backup sometimes.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had both type of those LED reverse lights actually. Most recently I had the V-LED (20)-LED back up lights and they were bright as shit. I highly recommend them out of the two that you posted. Although they have less LED's, they are brighter. I just recently sold my pair of 20-LED lights because I ended up splicing in an 4300k HID kit in there as I work in the middle of nowhere in the country and need as much light as I can to backup sometimes.

awesome, exactly the kind of answer i was looking for. and the 20-leds are on sale right now, too! thanks bro

EDIT: any idea why the 20-led bulbs say not to use as DRLs? if they really are that much brighter, i was gonna replace my ebay LED DRLs with these. judging by the descriptions, it looks like I could still use the 92-leds but the more light, the better!

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not properly heatsinked ... leds generate a lot of heat when on for a long time.
Hence why they won't warranty them if you use them as drls, and indemnify themselves with that warning in case they cause some damage to the housing/wiring.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have led drl's in the Esky and it looks bad ass and have yet to go out. I've had em in there for about a year now **knock on wood***

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had them on the hyhoe forever as well.

I'm not saying any of the things I mentioned will happen ... just explaining why they say not for drl.

Devs93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I offer 1yr warranty on all my leds including drl's vleds is a good company but they must have some doubt with that bulb??? the on with 92leds could be too long as well thats a lot of leds for a light I have a pair of x61 bulbs in my truck that my supplier sent me to sample and they are long as hell

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I offer 1yr warranty on all my leds including drl's vleds is a good company but they must have some doubt with that bulb??? the on with 92leds could be too long as well thats a lot of leds for a light I have a pair of x61 bulbs in my truck that my supplier sent me to sample and they are long as hell

Any pic's? May be interested.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269