Brakes lock up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a leaking hydro brake booster. I took it apart and put in new seal, but I never got the leak to stop... I gave up and simply replaced it with a doorman remanufactured one from O'reilly. All was good.

A few months later, I hit a dog on the way home from work... My brakes were locked up. I thought to myself that poor dog is so wrapped up in my back wheel well, my truck will hardly move.... got out to look, no dog... huh... back in truck, wont go forward hardly at all... wont go in reverse.... hmmmm.
I sat a while scratching my head, thinking about a tow truck, figuring I had done some damage to it...
I decided to "reboot".
Shut her off, let sit 10 seconds, restart... Away I went, no problem.
Brakes are fine.
(BTW, I never found the dog that night, next day I found him dead on the side of the road a ways down the road, I guess he ran far as he could, poor fella)

Couple more months go by.... yesterday, another panic, hit the brakes hard, locked up again...
"reboot"
Shut down, wait 10 seconds, start, all good, brakes are fine.

So, bad hydro booster?
Something else?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would assume you have something going on with the mechanism that attaches to the pedal assembly to the back of booster at the firewall but not if the reboot seems to fix it. That is a strange one for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645