Brake Lines Leaked and Caused Accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chamkila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well guys, Ive been here a long time but never really posted only read.

But yesterday I was pulling out my 04 denali xl out of the drive way down and hill and the brake pedal traveled down to the floor and the car went all the way down and hit my other car and the side wall of my front yard.

So a couple of questions

Where can i order all the brake lines?

and

around how much would they charge me here in NYC to put them in?

Thanks

all and any recommendations will be appreciated

thanks again

OP
OP
C

Chamkila

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brake Line Failure

Mine are leaking causing an fender bender, any place to get them from? and how long to put them in and around how much to put them in Around NYC? Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I`m talking about the solid lines not the flex lines. Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm merging your threads together (in the proper section) since it's dealing with the same thing.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any half decent mechanic can bend new brake lines for your truck. There`s no need to buy pre bent lines unless you want them to be exactly the same as the oem ones.

Whenever a vehicle i own needs the brake lines replaced i spend the extra money and get stainless steel lines. They last a lot longer.

tekkitan

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me, though no accident thankfully. Noticed the pedal was a bit squishy and going to the floor and smelled burning brake fluid. I got home (I was around the block thankfully) and looked underneath and found a leak in the front brake lines due to rust. I took it up to the shop and they fixed them for around $300 (just the front). I took my truck back to get my heat fixed and have them do the master and the rear but they told me they usually don't so them unless they leak *shrug*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thydrick