Brake Line leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Is that the guy with the tan-ish Tahoe? think I watched his video, he cut up the factory line in his video with a hacksaw.
I saw his explanation for how he put the new line in, but this being my first time working on hard lines, I'm a little nervous obviously.

No, it's a red Tahoe and he slips that whole bad boy in by removing the wheel well liner drivers rear.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's a red Tahoe and he slips that whole bad boy in by removing the wheel well liner drivers rear.

Do you happen to have the link or an idea of the video title? only one I've found was RICKAFIX, his video is good but I could use all the information I can get. Trying to get it done Friday afternoon so I can get to jersey Saturday.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the link or an idea of the video title? only one I've found was RICKAFIX, his video is good but I could use all the information I can get. Trying to get it done Friday afternoon so I can get to jersey Saturday.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's done, I hacked out the old line, put the new line in through the wheel well, and replaced the rear calipers since the bleeders were basically seized.

It was kind of a fun job, but we worked in the dark from about 8:30PM to 11:45. Removing the line from the ABS block is a PITA and putting the new one on is even worse. Bled the rear brakes and got fluid out of them pretty quickly. Going to test drive in the morning!

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to give a little advice on how to do this job, if your line is rusted out, I 100% recommend using a hacksaw to chop out the old line so that you can use a 6 point socket on them. (Don't use a 12 point socket!) After removal, it was incredibly easy to put the line in over the fuel tank, if you have a friend who will lay under the truck and guide the line through, you can put the line through in under 5 minutes. Lining up the fitting on the ABS block is a bit of a pain, I recommend re-bending it by hand, you're going to need a tiny line wrench to get in there, it took 10 minutes just to tighten it down because there's only about 3" of room in there.
The fitting above the axle is a 15mm, however at the ABS block it's a 9/16, most videos say 15mm but a 9/16 fit it perfectly and didn't strip the fitting.

I'll take some pictures of the newly installed line when the rain breaks here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442