Brake light out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
2016 with right brake light out.
is it bulb or LED and if LED what issues and fixes are there?

thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2016 with right brake light out.
is it bulb or LED and if LED what issues and fixes are there?

thanks
we don't have a 6th sense but I would guess it is LED and presuming such there is a repair that can be done to the board inside, (reflow the trace that gets burned) otherwise there was a replacement period by gm for faulty lights and you may or may not be able to get it replaced by the dealer, I think that has expired already.

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Yes removed the assy and it's LED. I'll have to check with dealer, but have any links to TSB, TSB number, or DIY repair procedure?

thanks again

16yukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Search 2016 yukon tail light repair on youtube. plenty of videos. I repaired mine in about 45 minutes. Repaired 3 others for friends in about 15 minutes each. Very easy to do at home with a knife, torch, soldering gun, and silicone. There are sellers on ebay that will charge $200 for you to send them your tail light and they will repair or send you another repaired one. It is a poor design from GM and will likely happen to your other side eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n