Brake Job on 99 Denali OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacon612

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking to put new front pads and replace rear drums and shoes on my truck. Rear drums have been vibrating pretty bad for the last while.

@SunlitComet you recommended Bendix drums in a thread I just read.

http://www.amazon.com/Bendix-PDR062...2881622&sr=8-2&keywords=bendix+drum+gmc+yukon

Those the ones you are talking about? You prefer these over OEM ACDelco "professional" drums? You have a shoe recommendation?

For front pads I am going to go for the Hawk ceramic pads you also suggested in another thread.

Any input would be appreciated here guys.

Only thing I can contribute is that in the 12 years I have been driving this truck the best front rotors I had were the cross drilled OEM Police edition ones. Never warped. I am using professional ACdelco ones now and they don't compare.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that looks correct. make sure they are premium bendix name drum an you can use their premium shoes as well. for the fronts i don't use ceramics. i prefer hawk sd units.if rotoring as well then cryo slotted rotors.

OP
OP
B

bacon612

Reaction score
that looks correct. make sure they are premium bendix name drum an you can use their premium shoes as well. for the fronts i don't use ceramics. i prefer hawk sd units.if rotoring as well then cryo slotted rotors.

Great. Thanks for verifying. I got the Hawk LTS ones instead of the severe duty ones though. Will be installing in the next week or so. Will post back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog