99 4x4 project and need brake advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Hoebagg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
New here and need a quick answer so did not search first (sorry).
I have a 99 4 Dr 4x4 and want to do a complete upgrade on the brakes.. looking for brand recommendations that won't break the bank.. drums and rotors, all pads, front calipers. Will be replacing the brake lines front to back also.. any suggestions on a company with lines that fit properly would be amazing!! Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
New here and need a quick answer so did not search first (sorry).
I have a 99 4 Dr 4x4 and want to do a complete upgrade on the brakes.. looking for brand recommendations that won't break the bank.. drums and rotors, all pads, front calipers. Will be replacing the brake lines front to back also.. any suggestions on a company with lines that fit properly would be amazing!! Thanks
What is your definition of an upgrade? Are you wanting to just replace everything with quality parts and sort of baseline everything, or are you wanting to go while hog and put bigger rotors and calipers on?

As for a brand, I’ve had some good luck with Power Stop rotors and pads from Rock Auto. Not so knowledgeable about lines, but others here will chime in. Do you have discs or drums on the back of your truck?

RockAuto is a sponsoring vendor here and they have a code that gets you 5% off your purchases if you use it.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to search this forum. Depending on the condition of your truck. Rusted? Usually have to remove a body mount to get brake lines in.
Or- fab your own lines.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best is to fab your own using NiCop lines, easy to work with and won't rust. I've had good luck with Bendix and Wagner brakes. On my 98 pickup the best upgrade was to switch to a NBS master Cylinder. Plenty of info out there on swapping from an OBS to NBS master cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAUDADES333